Teacher Mini Grants
3/2/2021 9:38 am
TEACHER MINI-GRANT PROGRAM
The HBMS PTA Teacher Mini-Grant Program provides our faculty with the opportunity for additional funding toward innovations or curriculum that both challenge and motivate our students within the classroom environment.
This year, the HBMS PTA will award up to $2,400 in Teacher Mini-Grants.
- Projects must support Georgia Performance Standards and Common Core.
- Projects must be innovative, creative, and stimulating and raise our student’s level of excellence.
- Projects should include non-consumable materials.
- Projects should encourage use of community resources and collaborative efforts.
- Each application cannot exceed $500.
- Mini-Grant awards may be used for materials, supplies, fees, small equipment costs, and transportation. Gift card purchases are NOT allowed per PTA policies.
- New projects are preferable to expanding or maintaining existing projects.
- The project description should be specific including objectives, timeline, budget, and expected outcome.
- Individuals or teams may apply. Applicants must be a member of the Haynes Bridge PTA by February 26, 2021.
- Recipients of the Mini-grant awards must implement and complete their project no later than May 14, 2021.
Mini-Grant Application Procedure:
- The Application deadline is Friday, March 31, 2021. Please submit all applications via the Google Doc on our website https://hbmspta.membershiptoolkit.com/ You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. Early submission is encouraged!
- Judges could be comprised of a mix of PTA Board members, principal, assistant principal, community representative, Student Governance Council (SCG) member, parents, and a teacher representative will review applications. The Panel reserves the right not to award all grant monies if the quality of the entries doesn’t meet the criteria. All Panel decisions are final.
- Mini-Grant recipients will be notified no later than Friday, April 16, 2021 .
- Each recipient must provide original receipts for all expended funds using a PTA “Mini-Grant Requisition for Purchase” form. Recipients are encouraged to submit a brief report (including pictures when possible), profiling the success of the project to the PTA. Sharing your accomplishments with parents, students and administrators is an encouragement to everyone!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Beth Beach at email@example.com or 404-556-3254.
Good luck to all!
We look forward to another great response for the 2020-21 School Year!